sábado, 12 de outubro de 2013

The Fight

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Mathew 11:28-30

Please, be free to listen this inspiring song whilst you read the following text: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFXeY_4Nek 

Have you had that feeling of an overwhelming and tiring soul?
When you struggle to do what everybody thinks you are supposed to do?
When you struggle to do what you think you are supposed to do? Establishing a higher standard to be reached and making heavier the yoke you are carrying…  
When you struggle with simple things… Perhaps, when you struggle to simply live your day by day quotidian…
I know, and you can trust me, it is not easy to have this feeling.
I feel it. I feel like this right now.
I feel the Earth’s weight over me.
It is like I am swimming with no expectation of an ending into a deep and lonely ocean.
The waters surrounding me are, instead of comforting me, demanding an extreme attitude.
It is like I am at the edge of a high mountain waiting and struggling to keep me without jumping.
The feeling, it is there. The fear is your friend.
The fear of not being successful or victorious.
The fear of not being the answer that people are waiting for.
Greater and deeper questions take me and lead me to the limit.
What am I doing here?
Why am I here?
What is the purpose of my life?
Feeling Weary. Feeling Burdened.
Suddenly, the ocean calls me to deeper waters.
The mountains call me to feel the skies.
Greater than me. The calling.
I sink. I jump.
I experience the most of me.
The freedom I was yearning.
Dancing in profound waters.
Flying with the wings of the wind.
There is a time in our lives that we have to decide to face these feelings and questions.
We have to decide to face the fear of our souls in order to be free.
In order to dance and fly.
In order to be what we were born to be.

...
Many thanks to the lovely and always helpful friend Katelyn. You know, it is not always about using your intelligence and English skills even when I am strictly asking for it. It is more about friendship. I miss you.
Mariana, your yoke is also mine. Thank you for letting me know. 



Nenhum comentário: